Notes from reading 'Live for Death: My Experience on Dying'
Walked through the valley of the shadow of death and tasted the nectar of life.
Having served as a senior executive at top technology companies like Apple, Microsoft and Google, Kai-Fu Lee is known as a life winner and has a significant influence on the post-80s generation in China.
After being diagnosed with lymphoma, he gained a new understanding and appreciation of life. The book “Live for Death: My Experience on Dying” is a true reproduction of what Kai-Fu Lee thought during his illness, and it shows his personality and values after his rebirth.
At the launch of the book, Kai-Fu Lee summarized his insights into the seven death credits for remediation.
- Health is priceless. I loved food in my normal life, did not like to sleep, and I rushed to answer emails every night after I got home, after I got really sick, then I realized that once people lose their health, they have nothing. Young people should work hard only after ensuring that sleep, stress, exercise and diet meet the basic requirements.
- Everything is done for a reason. Think of it as a learning opportunity, just as you would think of a disaster as a cause rather than an effect.
- Cherish the destiny, learn to be grateful and love.
- Learn how to live and live in the moment.
- Avoid some temptations. Although I thought I was on the right path, but the excessive pursuit of fame made me stray from my original intention.
- In the first tweet I posted after I got cancer, I said that everyone is equal in front of cancer. However, after I slowly awakened, I realized that everyone is equal in everything. Who are we to say that someone is an ordinary person, someone is not good, or a business will not succeed?
- What is life all about? If this life is used to experience, to learn, to improve, I believe it will also make the world a better place. Then the whole world and the whole human community will become more positive.
By following his personal experience, I also walked through the valley of the shadow of death, tasted the nectar of life, and woke myself up, immediately took action, began to focus on health and family, and benefited greatly.